Many people think that 3D/4D scans will be too expensive for them, but most are pleasantly surprised when they see our price list. Obviously, the exact cost depends on which package you select, but whether you want a no-frills 4D scan or the full baby bonding experience, we think you'll find our prices very reasonable indeed.
4D footage is amazing if you want to bond with your baby. We were able to capture this adorable little baby smiling!
How much does a First Encounters 4D ultrasound scan cost?
Anything from £109 to £129. Here's a quick list of the 4D packages we offer, with prices shown in brackets:
- 4DWellbeingAssure™ (£109) - Includes 4DWellbeingAssure™ scan, digital foetal assessment report, 2x complimentary colour 3D glossy photos, photocloud™ with digital download of all scan photos & 1 x AVI Video Clip, and a complimentary HDlive. Gender confirmation optional.
- 4DGrowth&Wellbeing™ (£129) - Includes 4DGrowth&Wellbeing™ scan, digital foetal assessment report, 2x complimentary colour 3D glossy photos, photocloud™ with digital download of all scan photos & 1 x AVI Video Clip, and a complimentary HDlive. Gender confirmation optional.
If you want to take home a few extra gifts for the family, you may choose to purchase any of the additional souvenirs we offer in addition to those included in your package.
Optional souvenirs include:
- Photos Colour 3D Glossy (£4.00 each)
- Photo Magnets (£5.00 each)
- Large Photo Key Rings (£5.00 each)
- Giant Confetti Shooters (£15.00 each)
- Gender Reveal Scratch Cards (£2.00 each)
- 16” Heartbeat Teddy of Choice (£30.00 each)
As you can see, we offer a huge range of 4D ultrasound scans that are sure to suit whatever requirements and budget you have! Take a look at the full range of 2D and 4D scans we offer here by clicking the button below or give us a call on 02920 732671 to book your 4D scan today!
View All Scan Packages >
Given that pregnant women in the UK receive two (and, in some cases, more than two) free ultrasound scans on the NHS, some people may be a little unsure as to what private scan providers like First Encounters bring to the table. How do private baby scans differ from their government-funded counterparts? Is a hospital scan still necessary if you're planning to undergo a private scan anyway?
Well, first of all, we'd like to make one thing perfectly clear: our scans are not intended to replace the dating and anomaly scans offered by the NHS. Under no circumstances do we recommend getting a private scan instead of a standard hospital scan. Instead, services like ours are intended to complement the crucial NHS scans, allowing you to monitor the vital signs across a longer period and enhancing the pregnancy experience for you and those closest to you.
Monitoring your pregnancy
Here are some examples of the data that our sonographers will record when you come in for your private scan:
- Growth measurements
- Weight measurements
- Baby position
- Placenta position
- Fluid levels (low fluid levels can be dangerous and may lead to early delivery)
Your NHS scans will provide you with a lot of information and spot any problems that present themselves at the time, but augmenting your basic scans with an additional private scan allows you to monitor your baby's growth across a broader period. This means that we can not only give you continued peace of mind but also catch any problems that develop after your hospital scans.
Enhancing your experience
While pregnancy can be a very stressful experience, it is also a time of great joy and excitement, both for the expectant parent(s) and for their nearest and dearest. This is the side of pregnancy that First Encounters aims to enhance - here are some of the ways in which we do it:
- Comfortable, modern clinics with state-of-the-art equipment
- Space for up to 6 guests to observe your scan in our comfortable viewing area
- 4D scan packages that let you glimpse your baby's world in incredible detail
- A range of gender scan options (note that some NHS hospitals do not offer gender confirmation)
- A wide variety of souvenirs to choose from, including our adorable Heartbeat Teddy & Confetti Shooters
These are the things that set our scans apart from standard hospital scans (and, indeed, from those available in other private clinics). While the NHS dating and anomaly scans are still a crucial part of ensuring that your pregnancy goes as smoothly as possible, undergoing a private baby scan is a different - and hopefully far more enjoyable - experience altogether.