It's a big week for us here at First Encounters Ultrasound - our brand new Voluson E6 system arrived yesterday, which means that we're now able to offer HD Live ultrasound scans at our clinic in Cardiff.
What is HD Live?
HD Live is the very latest in 4D ultrasound technology. It allows us to show you your unborn child in greater detail than ever before; HD Live images are far more clearly-rendered than those captured by other 3D/4D systems, giving you an even better idea of what your baby will look like when he or she finally arrives.
Furthermore, our new HD Live equipment offers an enhanced colour palette, enabling us to achieve an even greater level of realism in the images we capture:
Left: An image captured using HD Live ultrasound equipment.
Right: An image captured using standard 3D/4D ultrasound equipment.
Benefits of HD Live:
- Clearer, crisper images of your unborn baby
- Improved colouration of images/footage captured
- Feel even closer to the life growing inside you
How do I book an HD Live ultrasound scan?
If you would like to book an HD Live scan at our Cardiff clinic
, please give us a call on 02920 732671
or get in touch using our online contact form
. A member of our team will discuss the available options with you and recommend an HD Live scan package based on how far along your pregnancy is and what you wish to receive.
At present, HD Live scans are only available from the First Encounters Ultrasound clinic in Cardiff. However, we plan to roll out this technology in our Bristol clinic in the near future, so please stay tuned for further announcements on that front.
Here at First Encounters, we use state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment to capture 3D footage of unborn babies inside the womb. This provides expectant parents with a truly breathtaking baby bonding experience, giving them a sneak preview of what their child will look like and helping them to feel closer to the little life that will soon be joining their family.
We have always offered a variety of souvenirs to complement our 3D/4D ultrasound service (including key fobs, fridge magnets, DVD recordings, and our ever popular Heartbeat Bear
), but the latest addition to our range of baby scan gifts takes things to a whole new level.
Those who undergo a 3D/4D scan at the First Encounters Ultrasound clinic will now have the option to purchase a 3D sculpture of their baby-to-be. These models are created based on the ultrasound data captured during the scan, so they are every bit as detailed as the scan footage itself.
We think that a 3D baby sculpture is the ultimate souvenir for expectant parents. Not only will it serve as a great memento of your visit to the First Encounters clinic (and of your pregnancy as a whole), it's also a great gift for grandparents-in-waiting and other excited relatives. Better still, once your child has emerged from the womb and grown up a little, you'll be able to show them what they looked like before they'd even been born!
Our 3D models are produced by Wolfprint
, who manufacture high-quality 3D models for clients all over Europe. If you request a 3D baby sculpture on the day of your scan, we'll send the necessary ultrasound data to Wolfprint, who will then turn it into a spectacular model of your unborn baby. You should receive your 3D sculpture within 5-7 working days
of your ultrasound scan, complete with the frame of your choice.We offer three different options on that front:
3D Sculpture in Single Wooden Frame
£149 (excl. shipping)
3D Sculpture with Glass Tablestand
£149 (excl. shipping)
3D Sculpture in Double Wooden Frame
£159 (excl. shipping)
Contact us now
to book your scan and learn more about this utterly unique ultrasound souvenir.
If you're expecting more than one baby, you may be wondering if you can still come to the First Encounters clinic for a 3D/4D bonding experience. In other words...
Can I have a 4D scan if I'm pregnant with twins?
Yes, you can! Many of the expectant mothers we meet are carrying more than one baby, and we frequently carry out scans (both 2D and 3D/4D) on unborn twins. After all, why should you be denied the breathtaking experience of glimpsing their world just because it's a little crowded in there?
However, there are a couple of things to bear in mind as you're booking your appointment with us. We recommend that twin scans are carried out between 22 and 26 weeks gestation; any later, and the footage we capture may not be of a satisfactory quality. You see, 4D ultrasound scans tend to give better results if the babies still have a little room in which to move around, and since two babies take up more space than one, we like to get the scan done a little earlier in cases of multiple pregnancies.
There's also the issue of payment. Twin scans take longer to perform than individual scans, and this will be reflected in the cost of your scan package. For all of our scans, there is a surcharge if you are carrying twins. This is because we effectively have to perform the scan twice, recording the position, measurements, and heartbeat of two babies instead of just one.
The following scan packages are available for multiple pregnancies:
- earlyAssure™ (8-13weeks) - a scan tailored to the early stages of pregnancy. We can date the pregnancy, visualise a heartbeat and identify if you're having twins! (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £15).
- Growth&Reassure™ (14-32 weeks) - a scan that's designed to obtain growth measurements and check the wellbeing of your baby (or babies)! (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £15).
- Growth&Presentation™ (33-40 weeks) - a scan that's designed to obtain growth measurements and check the wellbeing of your baby (or babies) later on in your pregnancy! (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £15).
- simplyGender™ (16-32 weeks) - a cost-effective baby sexing scan. We will perform visual heartbeat and movement checks & you'll take home a variety of souvenirs. (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £25)
- secretGender™ (16-32 weeks) - a cost-effective baby scan, where the gender of your baby/babies will be discovered but not revealed! You will be able to reveal the gender in your own time, at a party or with your close family. (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £35).
- Gender&Growth™ (16-32 weeks) - a private gender scan where you and your guests will discover the gender of your baby/babies. During this scan, we endeavour to capture a 4D glimpse of your babies! (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £30)
- Classic4D&Growth™ (18-32 weeks) - watch your unborn baby/babies in stunning 4D! Take home 3D photographic images to cherish forever. (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £40).
- Deluxe4D&Growth™ (24-32 weeks) - watch your unborn baby/babies in stunning 4D! Take your high-quality 3D photos home to cherish forever, suitable later in your pregnancy! (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £45).
- Ultimate4D&Growth™ (24-32 weeks) - Our bespoke, ultimate package is a bonding, well being and 4D scan package rolled into one! (Multiple Pregnancy Surcharge £60)
We regret that we are not able to accommodate triplets (or quadruplets, quintuplets, etc.) in any of our scan packages.
Ready to meet your twins? Book your First Encounters Ultrasound scan now!
Vacancies in Portishead and Cardiff Gate
Would you like to work for First Encounters? We are currently looking to recruit two part-time receptionists
; one for our clinic in Portishead
, and another for our Cardiff
This is a weekend role that has become available due to our ongoing expansion. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
(please indicate whether you are applying to work in Portishead or Cardiff).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good telephone manner
If your application is successful, your duties will include:
- Welcoming pre-booked clients
- Booking and amending appointments
- Taking payments
- Answering the phone
- Providing support to other team members to ensure the clinic's smooth running
About First Encounters
First Encounters Ultrasound is an established and fully-regulated baby scan clinic with locations in Bristol and Cardiff. We specialise in 3D/4D bonding experiences, which give expectant parents a detailed glimpse into their unborn baby's world. We also offer traditional 2D ultrasound scans for reassurance, dating, and gender confirmation (if requested).
Each of our clinics is staffed by a team of friendly and knowledgeable sonographers and administrative staff. We offer competitive pay and a comfortable, modern working environment. For further details about our service, call 02920 732671
or visit our website
We are sorry to announce that the First Encounters Ultrasound clinic in Swindon is no longer open. If you were hoping to use our Swindon Clinic we invite you to take a look at our Bristol clinic which is likely to be the next nearest clinic to you. We also have a clinic in Cardiff if this is more appropriate for you.
The address of our Bristol Clinic is:
Pure Business Park,
We look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions or to book a scan at one of our clinics online, click here.